On the occasion of the presentation of OTE Group’s new subsidiary company, OTEGlobe, the President and Managing Director of OTE, Mr. Nikos Manasis, and the Managing Director of OTEGlobe, Mr. Anastasios Aggeloglou, announced the creation of a major international traffic telecom hub (telephony, data, internet) in Thessaloniki.
It is a project aiming at the complete satisfaction of telecom needs noted in the wider area, since –according to Mrsrs N. Manasis and A. Aggeloglou- the following are provided for:
* The creation of a Balkan Optic Fibers Network Axis providing interconnection via Central Europe and the Mediterranean with the rest of the world – Exploitation of Black Sea Fiber Optics Cable System investments with an expansion to the East
* Establishment of Thessaloniki into a Main Hub of the wider Balkans area along with the simultaneous upgrade of its International Telephone Traffic Center and the installation of the international telecom platform hub materialized by OTEGlobe
* Installation of international platform hubs in Balkan countries
* Cooperation with Balkan telecom companies
By the materialization of this business plan, OTE Group aims via OTEGlobe at the integration of the market and its infrastructures with the object of
* Reducing the termination cost of international traffic from and via Greece to the Balkans (scale economies)
* Creating an appropriate telecom infrastructure, which will enable the activation of Greek businesses in the Balkans
* Ensuring access to international networks for current and new carriers (major telecom companies) customers of OTEGlobe
* Creating new income sources from new international traffic from and to the Balkans
* Ensuring an alternative land route to West, Central & East Europe and the USA, besides the underwater routes found in the Mediterranean
By decision of the Extraordinary Shareholders General Assembly of OTE, on January 28, 2002, OTEGlobe was assigned with the management of all international network infrastructures of OTE Group, thus making it into one of the most significant players in the wider area of Southeastern Europe and Middle East.
The role undertaken by ΟΤΕGlobe is double since it is activated as both a Τelecom Solutions Provider and a Wholesale Carrier.
* As a Telecom Service Provider it addresses major enterprises, business groups and multinational companies with a great number of international telecom needs aiming at the provision of end-to-end solutions
* As a Wholesale Carrier it address telecom carriers such as: Internet Service Providers, Mobile and Fixed Telephony companies, Application Service Providers and telecom services retailers that have an especially great number of interconnection and capacity needs on both domestic and international levels.
OTEGlobe has already got a strong customer base in Greece consisting of major business groups, public organizations and telecom companies. From its first year of operations it has already entered significant deals of 164.5 million Euro worth (Drs 56 billion), the materialization of which has contributed to the Organization revenues of 591 million Euro total worth (Drs 201.3 billion), from the provision of international telephony and network solutions services. Furthermore, with regard to its wider expansion, it has entered agreements of strategic importance with global range telecom companies.
The Board of Directors of OTEGlobe is comprised by Mrsrs:
Ν. Manasis, President
J. Argyropoulos, Vice President
Α. Aggeloglou, Managing Director
Α. Gitzenis, Member
V. Glynou, Member
ΟΤΕGlobe, with continuous investments in international infrastructures and expert human resources, and via the provision of high quality services, is heading in certainty towards the conquest of all telecom projects on both national and international levels. The creation of a Balkan Network Axis and the simultaneous establishment of Thessaloniki into a main hub by OTE, with OTEGlobe as its main vehicle, confirm the prospects of the new company while strengthening its dominant position in the Telecom Market.